The inspection of Cooling Water Outlet from the plant under the access channel to the Waddenzee-side.
For a client in the North of The Netherlands, DUC Marine Group had to perform an inspection of a cooling water outlet
The goal of the inspection was:
- To assess over which length the pipeline is not filled with sand or sediments;
- To assess the marine growth on the surface;
- To determine visually the condition of the pipeline which was repaired earlier by DUC Marine Group;
- To record the inspection real time on video;
- To report the inspection;
- To collect as much as possible information to estimate the costs for cleaning the pipe;
- To collect samples of the mud for determining the quality for disposal;
The main safety issues in this project were:
- The access on one side;
- The length of 375 m of the pipeline;
- The maximum depth of -/- 17 m datum NAP;
- Confined space diving.
Together with our team of engineers, divers, safety officers and client, we managed to fullfill this project in one single safely controlled dive.